Mexican Shredded Beef Recipe
Mexican Shredded Beef Recipe! Perfectly seared beef chuck. Topped with a Mexican style marinade. And braised in a delicious broth for 2 hours. Resulting in a delicious tender, juicy, and flavorful beef recipe.
Mexican Shredded Beef
- oil options – avocado, canola, coconut, vegetable or grape seed oil
- 4-5 lb beef chuck roast
- 1/2-1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp beef bouillon
- 2 onion yellow
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lime squeezed
- 4 cups water
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 5 sun dried tomatoes in oil + herbs
- 1/4-1/2 cup water for blending
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Season the meat with salt and black pepper on all sides.
- Add a drizzle of oil to a medium to large dutch oven.
- Add 1 onion and chopped garlic to the oil. Stir for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Remove the cooked onions and garlic and set it aside.
- Place the seasoned meat into the dutch oven and sear on all sides.
- Using a blender add sun dried tomatoes , adobo peppers, 1 onion, chili powder, cumin, paprika, smoked paprika, /dried oregano, lime juice, and water.
- Combine beef bouillon and water in a cup and set aside.
- Take the chili mixture and add it to the top of the seared beef along with the pre cooked onions and garlic.
- Add the beef broth to the dutch oven.
- Cover with a lid and place into the oven and cook until the meat is tender for about 2 hours.