Let’s Cook With Me
Let’s Cook With Me! Today is the day we take our palettes on a trip around the world. On today’s menu: Sweet and Spicy Jerk Pork, BBQ Chicken, Jollof Rice, Stir Fry Veggies, And Sweet Plantain.
Sweet And Spicy Jerk Pork
- salt and lemon to clean meat
- 3 lbs pork shoulder cubed
- 2 tbsps jerk seasoning If using Jerk Seasoning add enough to coat chicken
- 1 medium onion yellow
- 1 tbsps ginger fresh and diced
- 2 green onions / scallions chopped
- 4 springs cilantro fresh and chopped
- 2 springs parsley fresh
- 2 tbsps browning sauce
- 1/2 tbsp accent salt msg
- Sweet Jerk Sauce Ingredients
- 1/4 cup jerk marinade or sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp honey or 2 tbsps brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Wash, rinse, and drain the pork pieces with salt and lemon juice.
- Use a paper towel to pat the meat dry. Transfer meat to a large bowl, add jerk seasoning, onions, scallions, ginger, cilantro, accent, parsley, and browning sauce.
- Using gloves or a mixing spoon combine all ingredients and place the seasoned meat into a baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 2 hours or until meat is fork-tender.
- Sweet Jerk Glaze
- Combine the sauce ingredients, and add to a saucepan, simmer on low heat until sauce the thickens. If the sauce isn't thick enough combine cornstarch with water and add to the sauce.
- Drizzle unto Jerk Pork, combine and serve.
- plantain sweet / sliced
- Add oil to a frying pan and allow the oil to become hot.
- Add sliced plantain and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove sweet plantain and set on a paper towel to drain.
- Serve and Enjoy!!!
- oil to coat pan, skillet or wok
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cabbage remove the core and chop
- bell peppers
- carots sliced
- vegetable broth or water
- ginger finely chopped
- Add oil to the skillet along with the veggies season with salt to taste.
- Combine and stir-fry until the veggies become softened to your desired preference.
- Using a separate bowl combine water, soy, cornstarch, and honey. Add the mixture to the veggies and combine.
- 4 tbsps oil
- black pepper
- 1 onion medium diced
- 2 tsp thyme fresh
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- cups rice long grain / basmati
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 chicken bouillon
- 1 14 oz can tomato sauce or 1 tomato bouillon
- 4 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 scotch bonnet or hot pepper sauce
- veggies peas, carrots, corn
- Using medium-high heat, start with heating oil in a medium to a large saucepan.
- Add diced onions, garlic, and thyme, cook for 2 minutes until the onions become translucent.
- After 2 minutes add rice, paprika, bouillon, salt, and pepper.
- Stir to combine the seasoning with the rice.
- Once the rice becomes brown and fragrant add tomato sauce, chicken broth, and hot pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover with a lid and cook for about 20 minutes or until the rice is softened.
- Allow the rice to sit for about 10-15 minutes to lock in the flavors.This rice is even tastier a day later. 🙂
- BBQ Chicken
- oil oil
- season all
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- chicken bouillon
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Take cleaned, pat dried chicken and season thoroughly.
- Place seasoned chicken in a baking dish and bake until cooked
- Using a separate saucepan add butter, bbq sauce, and honey.
- Combine the sauce until it thickens.
- Baste chicken with the bbq sauce.