BBQ Shredded Chicken Tacos
BBQ Shredded Chicken Tacos! Don’t have a crockpot! So what!! 2 in 1 Crockpot No Crockpot Recipe! Chicken seasoned with an array of complimentary spices. Added to a rich flavored bbq sauce. Topped with red cabbage slaw. And paired with a warm tortilla.
Shredded BBQ Chicken Taco
- chicken thighs 5 large or 8 small chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups bbq sauce
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp bbq seasoning
- broth 1/4 cup when using a crockpot and about 4 cups when using the stovetop method.
- Red Cabbage Slaw
- 2 cups red cabbage chopped
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 1/4 cup onions sliced red or yellow
- lime juice 1 whole lime squeezed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Crockpot Method
- Add chicken, paprika, dry mustard, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, bbq seasoning, bbq sauce, brown sugar, and broth. Combine and place the lid on top and adjust the setting.
- After the bbq chicken is cooked thoroughly shred the chicken and set aside.
- Stovetop Method
- Using medium-high heat. Add broth to a deep pan or a pot. Add sliced onions, onion powder, garlic powder, and combine. Add the chicken pieces and cover with a lid.
- Allow the chicken to become falling off the bone tender. Remove chicken shred and set aside.
- Using a large saucepan add bbq sauce, paprika, dry mustard, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, bbq seasoning, bbq sauce, and brown sugar. Combine the ingredients before adding the shredded chicken.
- Red Cabbage Slaw
- Using a medium-sized bowl add shredded cabbage, carrots, onions, lime juice, dijon mustard, and honey and combine.
- Using a pan with oil add the tortillas and fry.
- Taco Arrangement
- Start by adding shredded chicken to the taco and top with the red cabbage slaw.
- Serve with lime wedges.