Chocolate Turtle Poke Cake
Chocolate Turtle Poke Cake Recipe is a chocolate lovers’ delight. Taking a delicious chocolate fudge cake and drizzling every hole with caramel. Adding warm chocolate frosting, pecans, chocolate chips, Reese’s chips, English toffee, and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Chocolate Turtle Poke Cake reminds me of chocolate turtle clusters. Delicious milk chocolate candies filled with gooey caramel and crunchy pecans. Taking the same ingredients and adding them to a warm decadent chocolate cake.
Start with using your favorite brand of chocolate cake mix. For this particular recipe, I like to use a chocolate fudge cake mix. For that extra chocolate richness. Baking as instructed.
Allowing the chocolate goodness to cool for about 15 minutes. Using the back of a wooden spoon let’s get to poking. It’s now time to add our warm caramel condensed milk to our cake. Trouble locating caramel condensed milk. No worries, check the Latin or Caribbean section of the supermarket.
Tip: For heating caramel condensed milk. Start by removing the wrapper from the cans. Opening and setting aside. Placing a pot of water on the stove on low heat. Taking the cans and placing it in the hot water. This allows the milk to drizzle easily unto the cake.
Drizzling the caramel condensed milk, focusing on filling every hole. Using the second can of sauce to spread unto cake. Placing the cake in the refrigerator to set for 1 hour.
Adding your favorite brand of chocolate frosting to the microwave for about 15-20 seconds. Covering the cake with chocolate frosting and topping with chopped pecans, chocolate chips, English Toffee bits, Reese’s chips.
The moment we’ve all anticipated, it’s now time to cut a slice of chocolate goodness!!! Pair this delicious chocolate cake with a tall glass of wine or milk and enjoy!!!
This is a sweet treat, adding caramel sauce is optional.
Chocolate Turtle Poke Cake
- Cake Pan 9×13
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 15.25 oz Box Chocolate Fudge or Chocolate Cake Mix Follow Instructions On Box
- 2 13.4 oz Cans Caramel Condensed Milk or Dulce de Leche
- 1 16 oz Jar Chocolate Frosting Microwave For 15 Seconds
- Pecans Chopped
- 1 Pack Reese's Chips Optional
- 1 Pack Chocolate Chips Milk Or Dark
- 1 Pack English Toffee Bits
- Baking cake according to instructions.
- Allowing cake to cool for about 15 mins.
- Poking holes into cake using the back of a wooden spoon or something similar.
- Adding caramel condensed milk, filling holes and spreading unto cake.
- Placing into refrigerator and allowing to cool for 1 hour
- Taking melted chocolate frosting and adding evenly to cake.
- Adding chopped pecans, variation of chips and English toffee.
- Enjoy with a tall glass of red wine or milk!!!