Buttermilk Fried Chicken Recipe
Buttermilk Fried Chicken Recipe! Chicken perfectly seasoned with 8 herbs and spices. Marinated in buttermilk resulting in tender juicy chicken. And then deep-fried in hot oil until golden brown and crispy.
Buttermilk Deep Fried Chicken
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken about 8 pieces
- 3-4 cups buttermilk
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- all-purpose flour to dredge
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp salt or to taste
- 2 tsp white pepper or to taste
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning or to taste
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 tsp paprika or to taste
- 1 tbsp creole seasoning or to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder or to taste
- 1 tsp onion powder or to taste
- Add salt, white pepper, poultry seasoning, cayenne pepper, paprika, creole seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, oil to chicken and season.
- Add buttermilk, cover with saran wrap or foil and refrigerate for 4 hours to overnight.
- Season flour lightly with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and creole seasoning
- Add water and hot sauce to beaten eggs.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk, shaking off any excess and coat with seasoned flour.
- Then place in egg wash and dredge once more in flour.
- Using medium-high heat fry chicken until thoroughly cooked.
- Remove chicken pieces and place unto a cooling rack to allow excess oil to drain off.
Note: Placing small slits in the chicken will allow the heat to penetrate throughout the chicken. Making it easier to fry thouroughly. Thermometer placed in thickest part of chicken should read 165F.