Buttermilk Fried Chicken Recipe
Buttermilk Fried Chicken Recipe! Chicken perfectly seasoned with 8 herbs and spices. Marinated in buttermilk resulting in tender juicy chicken. And then deep-fried in hot oil until golden brown and crispy.
Buttermilk Deep Fried Chicken
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken about 8 pieces
- 3-4 cups buttermilk
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- all-purpose flour to dredge
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp salt or to taste
- 2 tsp white pepper or to taste
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning or to taste
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 tsp paprika or to taste
- 1 tbsp creole seasoning or to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder or to taste
- 1 tsp onion powder or to taste
- Add salt, white pepper, poultry seasoning, cayenne pepper, paprika, creole seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, oil to chicken and season.
- Add buttermilk, cover with saran wrap or foil and refrigerate for 4 hours to overnight.
- Season flour lightly with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and creole seasoning
- Add water and hot sauce to beaten eggs.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk, shaking off any excess and coat with seasoned flour.
- Then place in egg wash and dredge once more in flour.
- Using medium-high heat fry chicken until thoroughly cooked.
- Remove chicken pieces and place unto a cooling rack to allow excess oil to drain off.